Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I have a craft room!


Boxes are being unpacked and bins are being dusted off because I now have a craft room! We moved our washer and dryer to the basement {as the space for it on the first floor was little more than a glorified closet} and made a nice little mom cave for me to do laundry and get crafty in!

I could not be any happier, as I now have counter space for folding laundry and cabinetry for storing supplies. I have a work space for sewing, scrapbooking, gift wrapping, and getting crafty with the kids. I even have a space for my elliptical {hello winter workouts}. My husband thought of everything when creating this space for me. He even made sure to have an outlet and cable connection for me to mount a television on one wall so I can watch a show while going for a run indoors. It is perfect and there is nothing I would change.

Craft Room Cabinets: Above and Below Storage with a seated work space!

Laundry/Craft Room Combined

Laundry/Craft/Work Out Room Combined

Laundry/Craft/Work Out Room Combined: A place for the wall mountedtelevision

Built In Washer and Dryer Surround

Built In Ironing Board

There are still some finishing touches that need to be made in this space. For one thing all of my cabinets need hardware. We also need to install a bar for the clothing that needs to be hung up to dry, put up a television on the wall, find a rug for the floor, and hang my Where the Wild Things Are picture. But everything takes time. I am just excited that I get to start unpacking all of my craft supplies that have been in storage since we made the move.

I love having a space of my own for all of my crafting needs. Do you have a special space in your home that is all your own?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...